July 3, 2014

Will I be able to run The Sims 4?

There has been a lot of talk over the last month about The Sims 4 since E3 and the presentations and announcements that were made there.  We learned that the toddler life stage and pools will not be included in the base game, and that each neighborhood in the world will have only five lots.  The screenshots that have been shown have been derided for a lack of detail in the hairstyles.  Features that simmers have been asking for over a long period are confirmed as not being included (still no height adjustment for sims).  But there was also talk of classic sim items (the cow plant, grand pianos, etc.) and characters (Bella Goth) returning in the base game as well as a bunch of new features (sims showing their emotions and having interactions that are available only in certain emotional states), skills (growing flowers) and careers (comedian).

One question that I have yet to see definitively answered is whether or not I will be able to run The Sims 4 on my computer.  There was a comment about a year ago when CAS was shown at Gamescom.  I don't remember who said it or where to find it anymore, but the comment was meant to reassure gamers that we would be able to play The Sims 4 on our current hardware.  With that in mind, it's pretty easy to see why some things have been left out and the style changed to be a little more cartoonish.  But that still doesn't really answer my question.

Today I went looking for a concrete answer.  The only place that I could find any mention of system requirements was a placeholder page on the Origin store website.  The page simply says "Coming soon!"  We're now less than 2 months from the launch date, so there isn't much time left to announce the minimum and recommended system specs, so I'm still cautiously optimistic that I'll be able to play it with my current computer hardware.

No comments:

Post a Comment